We've got a date! Next Year's FPIPN conference will be held on April 1st through 3rd in Portsmouth, NH. Mark your calendars now.
We are now accepting proposals for conference sessions! As in past years the Planning Committee would like to run concurrent sessions to offer attendees a wide range of sessions to match their interests. That’s where you come in! Here is your chance to help support and promote solid First Person performance.
Topics can include any area of interest: theatricality, improvisation, research and development, involving your volunteers, creating excitement, dealing with visitors, marketing, training and costuming….whatever you have to offer! Not sure what to present about? Here are our suggestions.
Please submit an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
Name, Address, Institutional Affiliation (if any), Phone,
Title of Session, and Description.
Please send your session proposals by November 14, 2015
Not sure what to present about? We’d love to see someone present on these topics:
- Working with kids
- Answering stupid questions
- – Using accessories to enhance your impression
- You live here, but don’t touch the furniture! Interacting with museum space
- First-Person versus Third Person: Discussion Panel
- Activities make it real
- My coworker is a what? Working with animals, babies, fire, machinery and other awkward props
- Reenactors at the museum
- Book Group
- How much lying is too much?
- Troubleshooting first person situations
- What can the for-profit world teach Museums about interpretation?
- Is it possible to show a negative?
- Expressing opinions that are not your own (and letting the audience know it)
- A wink and a nod, letting your audience know what is really going on.
- Historical people in the digital age
- Working solo, with a partner, with a group